We have been in discussion with both Table Tennis England and our Local Authority over the last few days in an attempt to get a clear picture of how and when we can operate under our present Tier 2 status.
Very sadly, today’s TTE updated guidance means we must suspend play at the club to all players over 18 from midnight tonight.
All table bookings are suspended for the next week while we try and seek clarity from the local authority and hopefully find a way to operate under current restrictions.
In summary the situation is:
• We are closed for all over 18s from midnight tonight (16/10/20)
• All table bookings from 17/10/20 are now cancelled.
• Scheduled senior coaching is cancelled until further notice and refunds will be issued shortly.
• Junior coaching sessions can continue as they are.
• Start of the 2-a-side league is suspended for now.
We are getting guidance updates fairly often and that guidance is not always in agreement with previous guidance. Our aim is to provide a safe and open club within the rules, so as soon as there is a way to open again we will.